What is a miscarriage?
A miscarriage, or sudden abortion, is an event that results in the loss of pregnancy. It typically happens during the first trimester (the first three months) of the pregnancy. About one in every five pregnancies results in a miscarriage.
The symptoms of a miscarriage vary depending on your stage of pregnancy. In a few cases, miscarriage occurs so fast that you won’t even realize that you were pregnant.
Here are some of the symptoms of a miscarriage:
- Tissue discharge from the vagina
- Pain and cramps in the abdomen
- Mild to severe back pain
Call your doctor if you experience any of these symptoms during your pregnancy.
What Causes Miscarriage?
Miscarriage can happen for many reasons, such as,
- Placental problems
- Chromosomal defect
- Abnormalities in womb structure
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Weaker cervix
- Lifestyle factors
What causes early miscarriage?
An early miscarriage may happen by chance. But there are several factors that are considered to increase the risk of miscarriage.
- Age: Women above 35 years of age have a higher risk of miscarriage than younger women.
- Genetic factors: Chromosomes defect in the fetus, etc.
- Physiological: Problem with the development of the placenta, improper implantation of a fertilized egg in the uterine lining, cervix problems, uterine abnormalities, uncontrolled diabetes, hormonal irregularities, etc.
- Lifestyle: Smoke, drugs, alcohol, radiation exposure, malnutrition, etc.
Symptoms of miscarriage in 2 weeks
- Cramping in your abdomen or lower back
- Passing fluids
- Larger blood clots
- Tissue discharge from the vagina
What is miscarriage bleeding?
Bleeding may start as light spotting and turn into heavy bleeding later. The heavy flow lasts for four to five hours.
You may see discharge in the colour of pink to brown during a miscarriage. The exact amount of bleeding that women experience depends on many circumstances, including how far along they are in the pregnancy and whether miscarriage is progressing naturally.
How To Clean Uterus After A Miscarriage Naturally At Home?
Loss of pregnancy can impact women physically and emotionally. It is best to take a lot of rest for a faster recovery and to improve the chances of a healthy pregnancy in the future.
Here are some tips you need to know about the cleaning uterus naturally after a miscarriage:
- Take rest and take proper medications
- Avoid sex for the first two weeks after miscarriage
- Use a hot and cold compress
- Eat a nutrient-rich diet
- Manage your stress
Next Pregnancy After Miscarriage
Miscarriages can be heartbreaking and may take an emotional toll on yourself and your partner. There could be a wide variety of emotions, including anxiety, sadness, and a sense of loss, but losing a baby shouldn't affect your future fertility. During this time, sex should be avoided for at least two weeks to prevent any possible cases of infection. Once you feel emotionally and physically better and ready, then you can plan to get pregnant again.
It is always better to lean upon the expert guidance of your health care provider for direction and support.
Tips to Conceive After Miscarriage
When you’re ready to try again, there are plenty of tips you can take to conceive and have a healthy pregnancy:
- Address any underlying health problems
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Try to manage stress
- Check your caffeine and alcohol intake
- Quit smoking
How To Avoid Miscarriage?
A healthy lifestyle before and during pregnancy may help to avoid miscarriage. Here are some tips that may help prevent miscarriage:
- Take folic acid every day or as prescribed by your doctor
- Exercise regularly
- Eat healthy, well-balanced meals
- Manage stress
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Don’t smoke or drink
- Avoid illicit drugs
- Get immunized
- Avoid radiation
- Avoid sports that carry a higher risk of injury
- Check with your health care provider before taking over the counter drugs
What Are Abortions and the types of abortion?
Abortion is a medical means of ending a pregnancy. There are various types of abortion, including:
- Medical abortion
- Vacuum aspiration
- Dilation and extraction
- Labour induction
- Pain or cramping in your abdomen or lower back
- Vaginal spotting or bleeding
- Fluid or tissue passing from your vagina
How Is Abortion Done (procedure)?
- A sedative is given to help you relax.
- Stirrups are used for your feet to support. These will allow proper positions of your legs, so it will be convenient for your doctor to examine your vagina.
- To get some relief from pain during the procedure, your doctor will try to numb your cervix.
- Dilators are small rods that will be inserted into your cervix to stretch it open. These dilators help to dilate, and this is done one day before the procedure.
- A vacuum is used to remove all the tissues and fluid with the help of the tube, which is inserted into your womb.
- After the procedure is completed, you will be given antibiotics, so the risk of infection is less.
Side Effects of Abortion
- Infection of the womb
- Some pregnancy tissue remaining in the womb
- Excessive bleeding
- Damage to the womb or entrance of the womb
What is Abortion Pill?
The abortion pill is a medication used to induce abortion medically. It involves taking two types of pills that terminate the pregnancy. These medications are prescribed by doctors at clinics that provide abortion services.
Abortion Pills Side Effects
- Bleeding and cramping for weeks
- Nausea and vomiting
1. Drinking Hot Water Can Cause Miscarriage?
A. No, hot water does not cause miscarriage. Rather, drinking hot water during pregnancy is extremely helpful; it will keep you hydrated, and you won't feel fatigued.
2. Can Sex During First Trimester Cause Miscarriage
A. No, sex during pregnancy does not induce miscarriage.
3. How Much Pineapple Juice Will Cause a Miscarriage?
A. Pineapple contains bromelain, a proteolytic enzyme. Little evidence showed an excess of bromelain could cause miscarriage. So it is better to avoid consuming pineapple in excessive amounts.
4. Abortion Pill Name and Price in India
A. Mifepristone 200 And Misoprostol 200, Rs. 1000
5. Do Abortion Pills Damage the Womb?
A. Abortion pills can cause vaginal bleeding, cramping, incomplete abortion, and blood clots in the uterus. To avoid any complications, it is advised to consult a doctor or medical expert before one consumes an abortion pill.
6. What To Eat After Abortion for Fast Recovery?
A. You can maintain haemoglobin levels by eating iron-rich foods or iron supplements.
- Mayo Clinic Staff. (Oct, 2021). Miscarriage.https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/pregnancy-loss-miscarriage/symptoms-causes/syc-20354298.Mayo Clinic
- Arefa Cassoobhoy.(July , 2020).Miscarriage.https://www.webmd.com/baby/guide/pregnancy-miscarriage.webmd
- Cleveland Clinic medical professional.(July2019).Miscarriage.https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/9688-miscarriage.clevelandclinic.
- NHS.( March 2022).Miscarriage.https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/miscarriage/causes/.nhs.uk
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. (January 2022).Miscarriage.https://www.acog.org/womens-health/faqs/early-pregnancy-loss.acog
- Maria Masters.( February 2022).Miscarriage.https://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/miscarriage/.whattoexpect
- Joseph Nordqvist.(January 2018).Miscarriage.https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/262941..medicalnewstoday.
- Jacquelyn Cafasso.(May2019).Miscarriage.https://www.healthline.com/health/miscarriage.healthline.