Written on 14 August 2018
Baby shower is an excellent way to make the expecting parents feel loved and special and prepare them for the arrival of their bundle of joy. But, among all the fun, it is a challenge to keep the costs down as you will need to manage a whole lot of things like food, gifts, games, venue, guests etc. Luckily, there are many ways to throw a baby shower on budget while still having a wonderful and memorable event. Here are some great tips to host a baby shower on budget that will leave the expecting parents and guests highly impressed.
1. Make it an intimate affair - Unless the mum-to-be wants everyone she knows to be at the baby shower, you can keep the shower a small gathering and save quite a bit of money. Plus, it is way more fun when you only have near and dear ones at the shower than large gatherings.
2. Cook your own food - Elaborate catering can cost a bomb. You can try cooking your own food and save a lot of money. It may be tiring, but with advance planning you can cook a majority of the food if not all of it and the guests will also be appreciative of your efforts. You can also try pooling your efforts with a few friends if you cannot handle it all on your own.
3. Host the shower at home – Hosting at a restaurant, banquet or club costs lots of money and you can simply host it at your home if you have the space or at a friend’s home. You can deck up your home for the shower at a fraction of the cost you would have spent hosting it outside.
4. Create your own games: Instead of buying or ordering expensive games, props and activity sets, try creating your own games and fun activities. You can find hundreds of such games on the internet that are easy and inexpensive to plan and play.
5. Take help and invite co-hosts – Inviting people to co-host is a great way of saving money and efforts. And if you have got people offering to help, take them up on it. It’s not only good in keeping the costs down but also adds up to the feeling of love and togetherness associated with the shower.
Always remember that the baby shower is all about showering the expecting mother with love and sharing her happiness. And it can be done even with a little money; all you need is to put your heat into it.
Read from 5000+ Articles, topics, verified by MYLO.
100% Secure Payment Using
Stay safe | Secure Checkout | Safe delivery
Have any Queries or Concerns?
Trusted by 10+ million young parents Mylo is India’s #1 Pregnancy & Parenting App. Mylo app will guide you through your whole parenting journey. Download now